Jean-Christophe DORDAIN is a partner of ARGYMA and has founded the Paris office. He began his career as an R&D engineer for Sagem Défense Sécurité (Safran Group). He then joined the Paris office of a large Anglo-Saxon industrial property law firm. Afterwards, he worked as a European patent attorney successively for the Schneider Electric group, then for a renowned Parisian law firm, before involving in the development of ARGYMA.
Jean-Christophe DORDAIN assists French and foreign clients on questions and issues related to patents (prosecution, defense, opposition, infringement, contractual negotiation). Many big names in French industry, as well as large foreign law firms trust him.
His versatile training and his technical curiosity allow him to intervene in various but complementary technical fields: electronics, connected objects, mechanical systems, for the automotive industry, innovative startups or even secular luxury industries.
For Jean-Christophe DORDAIN, teaching is a value and it is for this reason that he teaches for many years the French and European Patent Law at Paris 8 University.
Passionate about Asia, Jean-Christophe DORDAIN is also a graduate in Mandarin Chinese, a language he practices occasionally.
- Drafting patent applications
- Prosecuting patent applications over the world
- Infringement analysis
- Freedom to operate analysis
- Employee invention analysis
- Patent opposition before the European Patent Office
- General mechanics
- Aeronautics and aerospace
- Programmable automatons
- Master degree “École Centrale de Lille”
- Law degree – CEIPI (Patents) Université Robert Schumann, Strasbourg
- Professional representative before the European Patent Office (EPO)
- French Patent Attorney
- European Patent Institute (epi)
- French Chartered Institute of Patent and Trademark Attorneys (CNCPI)